PROFESSIONAL HYPNOPSYCHOTHERAPY TRAINING
Faciliated at the Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9
What is Hypnopsychotherapy?
ICHP is dedicated to the ethical use of Hypnopsychotherapy and Evidence-based best Clinical Practice.
Any symptom presented for talk therapy can also be successfully employed in Hypnotherapy.
Therapeutic Hypnosis has an established track record when employed as an adjunct to Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Hypnotherapy aims to re-programme patterns of behaviour within the mind, enabling irrational fears, phobias, negative thoughts and suppressed emotions to be overcome.
One definition of Hypnotherapy is from Directory of occupational titles and is as follows: “Induces hypnotic state in client to increase motivation or alter behaviour patterns. Consults with client to determine nature of problem. Prepares client to enter hypnotic state by explaining how hypnosis works and what client will experience. Tests subject to determine degree of physical and emotional suggestibility. Induces hypnotic state in client, using individualized methods and techniques of hypnosis based on interpretation of test results and analysis off clients problem. May train client in self-hypnosis conditioning”.
Hypnosis is thought to work by altering our state of consciousness in such a way that the analytical left-hand side of the brain is turned off while the non-analytical right-hand side is made more alert. The conscious control of the mind is inhibited, and the subconscious mind awoken. Since the subconscious mind is a deeper-seated, more instinctive force than the conscious mind, this is the part which has to change for the patient’s behaviour and physical state to alter.
– ICHP has a proven track record in:
- Ethnical use of therapy
- Evidence-based best practice
- Eclectic use of combining traditional psychotherapy and techniques
B-CHAPS (Brief-Clinical HypnoAnalytical & Psychotherapy Solution-Focused!)
Hypnotherapy is a therapy conducted in hypnosis (natural trance like state in which the client is fully aware) and comes under the heading of psychological therapies or hypnopsychotherapy. In other words its psychotherapy using hypnosis as a tool for change.
In 1955, the British Medical Association approved the use of hypnosis along with the American Medical Association in 1958, as did the Catholic church in 1958.
Hypnopsychotherapy and Evidence-based Practice
Psychotherapy has been defined (see for example UKCP, 2009) as a process “to help clients gain insight into their difficulties or distress, establish a greater understanding of their motivation, and enable them to find more appropriate ways of coping or bringing about changes in their thinking and behaviour. Psychotherapy involves exploring feelings , beliefs, thoughts and relevant events, sometimes from childhood and personal history, in a structure way”.
Hypno-psychotherapy is defined as a core modality of psychotherapy in which Hypnotic language and processes are used as an adjunct to evidence-based pschotherapies. The use of Hypnosis in conjunction with psychotherapy normally results in greater treatment effectiveness.
Hypno-psychotherapy can be used to treat a large array of Client issues including mood disorders, difficult thoughts and feelings, habit disorders, social disorders, phobias, anxieties and depression as well as panic attacks and serious stress disorders such as ASD and PTSD. It is also widely used to enhance sports performance, creativity, memory and concentration. It finds wide application also in chronic pain management and pre/post-operative surgical procedures, and also in support of stress-related psycho-somatic disorders such as IBS, skin disorders and headaches/migraines and much more.
Foundation, Diploma & Advanced Diploma Class Dates 2017, as follows:
- Foundation Class Dates – New Courses Commence January & September
- Diploma Class Dates – Courses Commencing from January to June
- Advanced Diploma Class Dates – Courses Commencing from September to December
Class runs Friday evenings from 6 p.m. – 11 p.m. and all day Saturday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Training at Marino Institute of Education, Griffith Avenue, Dublin 9.
Please note the cost per class as follows:
- €200 – Dublin
- €50.00 – Cork
Benefits of Training/Membership of I.C.H.P. Institute of Clinical Hypnotherapy & Psychotherapy
- RECOGNISED TRAINING: Courses/Membership Accepted by both National and International Bodies and Associations.
- FLEXIBLE TRAINING: Training and courses to suit Adult Education requirements.
- TRAINING: Offers post graduate training in Hypnotherapy and Psychotherapy.
- INSURANCE: Graduates can apply for professional insurance cover.
- ECLECTICISM: Offers a diverse psychotherapy and hypnotherapy training.
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD: Decades of experience with hundreds of graduates and therapists.
- PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: A strong focus on fostering both personal and professional development.
- SPECIFIC: Hypnotherapy Psychotherapy Training designed specifically for Hypno-psychotherapists.
- RECOGNISED ESTABLISHED ASSOCIATION: Offers membership to graduates with the I.C.H.P. Post Graduate Association, and like minded associations which are affiliated to ICAP.
- ETHICS: I.C.H.P. has a strong code of ethics standards and practice.
- SUPERVISION: Offers a strong focus on developing a flourishing private practice.
- BUSINESS: Offers a strong focus on developing a flourishing private practice.
- CLIENT FOCUS: Training focus on brief solutions focused Hypno-analytical Psychotherapy.
- ANALYTICAL: Training in Analytical Techniques to probe and realise the cause and effects of Symptomology.
Should you have any queries, please contact us 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Monday to Friday on 021 – 4273575 or email on email@example.com